ISU-152 was a Soviet multirole fully enclosed and armored self-propelled gun developed and used during World War II, with a subsequent use, mainly in the Soviet military, till the 1970s.
Soviet combat use World War II
In June 1944, during the Continuation War, a captured ISU-152 was used by the Finnish military. It was lost in the fights. Another one was repaired in Varkaus, Finland, but never saw action.
In 1944 over 30 ISU-152s were delivered to the People's Army of Poland. Shortly after, the Poles formed the 25th Polish self-propelled artilery regiment, consisting of 10 ISU-152s and 22 ISU-122s. As part of the 1st Polish tank corps (T-34 and T-34-85 tanks), the regiment took part in the fights on the river Nysa, southwest of Poland in March 1945. In the early 1945 the Polish command began to form another ISU-152 regiment, but with not enough of these fighting vehicles, the newly formed 13th Polish self-propelled artillery regiment received two ISU-152 and two SU-85 artillery batteries. This regiment took part in the Battle of Berlin in April - May 1945.
During the post-war period the ISU-152s remained in the Polish military till the early 1960s.
In 1955 the Soviet Armed Forces retreated from Dalian, China ending 10 years residence. All armament was sold to the People's Liberation Army, including 67 ISU-152s, 45 of which were given the new founding 1st Mechanical Division.
As part of the military help to the friendly countries, a few ISU-152s were transferred to the Czechoslovakian military after the World War II, where they were used till the late 1950s.
North Korean military
During the Korean War, ISU-152s were used by the North Korean military.
In the early 1960s the Egyptian military received at least one regiment of ISU-152s. They were used during the 1967-1973 Egyptian–Israeli Wars