The Beriev MBR-2 was a reconnaissance flying boat which entered service with the Soviet Navy in 1935.
Developed under the leadership of GM Beriev. First flew on May 3, 1932. Actively used during the World War II.
The aircraft was widely used as a naval short-range reconnaissance and partly as long-range reconnaissance. There was a special option aerial photography. Several MBR-2 early series were released in the version "wave control and guidance" (VU) - to interface with torpedo boats - in this version the crew was 5 people.
MBR-2 is widely used during the World War II, especially in the Black Sea. Because of the weak defensive armament had high losses.